Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pitch Perfect

                                                                                 

The movie tells the story of  Becca and what happens when she joins The Bella, and acapella-singing group at her university.

This movie has had a huge impact on people. Many of their phrases had catch on, you can hear them quite often now.Some of them are:

  • Awesomely horrible 
  • Tots (totally) 
  • Doucheb's 
  • Aca-excuse me
  • Calm your tits
  • Stepmonster
  • Lesbihonest
Ok yes, many of them are not very appropriate but they are still funny!
The cup song performed by Becca went viral on You-tube. There were thousands of people recreating this scene and performing the song. 

This movie is very original. If you pay close attention to the beginning of the film, the Universal Studies song is sang by the actors of the movie. Also The Bellas are not like other singing groups from other musical-comedies, these girls are clumsy, and not all of them are pretty. I also loved how the director broke any kind of stereotype by including black girls, overweight girls and a lesbian. 

Some of the lines on this movie were also very original, and this makes the movie even more funny.
  • Fat Amy: I'm gonna kill him! I'm gonna finish him like a cheesecake!
  • Bumper: I have a feeling we should kiss. Is that a good feeling or an incorrect feeling?                     Fat Amy: Well... sometimes I have the feeling I can do crystal meth, but then I think, mmm... better not.
  •  Fat Amy: You guys are gonna get pitch-slapped so hard, your man boobs are gonna concave.
  • Aubrey: The Trebles don't respect us, and if we let them penetrate us, we are giving them our power.  Fat Amy: Not a good enough reason to use the word 'penetrate.
The director also used actors that people recognize from another movies, like ""Mc Loving", and Jesse (from 21 and over), just to mention a couple.

I personally loved this movie,it has everything it takes to become a classic of the comedy. I would watch it again, because I know the jokes would still be as funny as the first time I heard them.








No comments:

Post a Comment